Cleaning and Sanitation solutions for Food and Beverage Facilities
Table of Contents
All food and beverage facilities, big and small, must adhere to strict hygiene standards. All consumable products must be certified as being produced in a sanitary environment. This can only be achieved with the use of chemicals within the industry. A range of chemicals can be used to do this, inorganic, organic and everything in between.
Facilities that are part of the chain of food and beverage production must be disinfected. Tools that are used to aid in this process must be sanitized and people who operate in these facilities must also undergo the correct sanitation procedures.
Cleaning procedures and schedules
It is not enough for these facilities to be sanitized once. A strict, well thought out procedure
should be followed regularly at set points within the manufacturing process.
The steps most
commonly followed in the food industry is as follows;
1. All food and other visible residue should be removed from machinery etc.
2. A first cleaning must be done with water and a cleaner at the right temperature for
sanitisation and to dislodge any bacteria or pest attractions.
3. A disinfectant is used to sanitize and kill as much bad bacteria as possible from the site.
4. The area that has been sanitized should be left to air dry.
There are a few chemicals that can be used during these processes. All of which can be found at in Bulk chemistry:
● Hydrogen peroxide is commonly used. It is a strong compound that cleans by oxidizing when oxygen separates from a water compound.
● Isopropyl alcohol is often used as alcohols are good at denaturing bacteria.
● Acetone is another chemical that can be used within these steps. Similar to its common use as nail polish remover, it is a good residue dissolver.
● Chlor’ A clean, found on bulkchemistry.com is another powerful disinfectant that can be used to destroy bacteria.
What products can we use for effective cleaning and sanitation solutions?
As we have discussed there are several chemicals that can be used in the common procedures mentioned above. Many of which can be bought at a competitive price at a high quality at Bulk Chemistry. Here are a few examples:
● “Piece” cleaning kit – This kit includes a cleaning bag, isopropyl alcohol and magnesium sulfate. It can be used to clean plenty of things including glass metal and ceramics. Some benefits of this product are that it is completely natural so there are no harmful chemicals, it gets rid of unwanted smells that can linger when dealing with food and beverage substances and that the packaging is of the highest quality for safe handling, minimized wastage due to spills and leaks and also prolonged quality.
●Isopropyl alcohol 99.9% – This product is a flammable, clear, strong smelling liquid that is used to kill bacteria by denaturing proteins in bacteria. This causes the eradication of the germs for a clean,disinfected, food safe surface. Some benefits to this product are that it leaves behind no residue so surfaces are left non-tacky and in great condition without any further need for cleaning. The product is composed of very pure chemicals and is perfect for industrial use.
● Chemboys TH Clean glass, ceramic, metal, pyrex solution – This is one of the most affordable cleaning products available. It is deeply
penetrating for a thorough clean. This solution is a mixture of salt and isopropyl alcohol. Its main benefit is that it is great at disinfecting hard to reach areas. Just pour it into the glass, ceramic, metal or pyrex material, leave it to soak, and then shake before rinsing out. Its abrasive properties mean that it is a great alternative to scrubbing and washing clean.
● D-Limonene – This white liquid is found in the peel of citrus fruits. It is derived from the citrus fruit oils. It is mainly used for scent and flavor in
food production. It is also used in cleaning products to give a fresh citrusy scent. Some benefits of this product are that it is completely renewable so is much more sustainable than other similar solvents. It is also very pure and so has no added unwanted chemicals.
● Citric Acid – This is weak and safe to handle acid. It is also called hydrogen borate. It is often used as an antiseptic and pesticide. It
is a water soluble translucent crystal. It can also be bought in a white powder when crushed down. This is even easier to dissolve
for use. Because it is weak and also used in things like eyewash and ointments as well as consumable items so it is safe to use
around food as well as to handle generally.
How to order Buying chemicals for your sanitational needs is easy with Bulk chemistry.
The easy to navigate website has a simple list of all of their products and comprehensive guides and information. To buy from the website for commercial/industrial use simply:
● Go to the drop down bar at the top of the screen where it says “ all products”.
● Locate the product that you need and let it navigate you to its specific product page.
● Click “get quote”and buy from there. To buy from Bulk chemistry for personal use or use in smaller quantities:
● Go to the top of the Bulk chemistry website and click “shop retail properties” in the top right. You will be taken to the Diy chemicals website.
● Go to “all products” in the drop down tabs section at the top of the screen on thai website and select the product category you require. acids , alcohols, bases etc.
● Choose the specific product you are looking for and select the volume or amount of the substance you are in need of. ● Click “Buy now” and fill out all the necessary details.
● Wait for your high quality chemicals to arrive and start using.
Whether you need a product for sanitizing and disinfecting areas for commercial food and beverage facilities or need a safe and effective chemical for use in the home, you can get a fast and reasonable quote or buy directly in retail quantities.
All products are of high purity and great quality. Stick with Bulk chemistry for all of your food and beverage facility cleaning requirements.